Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Frugal meals yesterday....using things up.

Breakfast:
The kids were offered half a bagel each with peanut butter and some scrambled eggs. (We finished the bagels, and used a spatula to get the last of the peanut butter out of the jar, before putting it in the recycling. We didn't have to open the other jar).

Lunch:
We had lots of hidden surprises that needed to be used up. One container in the freezer had spinach ravioli and garden spaghetti sauce. My son finished that. We had two containers of bean soup. I heated this up and served it in the mugs. One for my dd, husband, and myself. I sliced the last of the italian bread and offered that to go with our lunch.

We popped popcorn.

Dinner:
Pork roast, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, fruit cobbler (I have blueberry, strawberry, and raspberry growing in my yard, I picked two cups of fruit total). We have no cobbler left, and have one serving of kraut and pork for someone's lunch today.

My oldest DD started a job this week, working 11pm-7am. She slept all day and didn't get up until dinner time. She ate dinner with us, played on the computer, and then went to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment