Friday, July 11, 2014

Frugal happenings...

We ate left over pasta and veggie sauce last night for dinner.
I got paid, wrote out the student loan payment (for FEb 2015)
We paid the electric bill, cell phone, pest control, therapy bill, AACN membership for continued education,
We went to the grocery store and bought 116 dollars worth of food.
I put 350 dollars from my checking into my savings account.
I paid my 300 dollar snowball payment to Wells Fargo.
We washed and hung outside four loads of laundry, then it stormed, and we got three loads in, folded, and put away. The fourth needs to finish drying today.

We took the new adult cat my daughter bought to the vet. He is in excellent health the doc said. We had to get two vaccinations, flea/tick meds, and my hound dogs cardiac diet (which we were running out of). I am out 247 dollars.

Aldi finds:


chicken thighs 89 cents a pound. I bought 9 pounds and broke the chicken up into single pieces for the freezer. I packed 5 into a package and wrapped. We have four packs of chicken for the future.

pork loin 2.99 lb. I cut this up into single pork chops, five to a package. We got five packages of pork chops (nice cut, no bones), and a small package of pork "strips".

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,

    What a great idea for the pork loin! I've never thought of cutting it myself, and that's a great price. Aldi can save a lot of money, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,

    I would have never thought about slicing them either. But I saw the price per pound for the pork chops, and it was more expensive to buy single packages of them. So, I bought the pork loin and figured that I would make my own thick sized pork chops with no bones. There will be little waste too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete