Monday, June 2, 2014

What's been happening????

Life. Stress. Work. Chaos.

So, we found out about two weeks ago that we needed a new furnace. We got a qoute of 1600 for repairs to our old furnace, no warranty. We got a qoute of 2200 for new furnace with a warranty.

I called the other day to make the appointment for the repairs. I told him that I was going to pay CASH for the repair. He stated that he would get me a new furnace with warranty for 1900.
He came today and installed a new furnace. I paid him in cash from my savings account.

I had 4100 in my savings.
I took out 1900.
I have 2300 in it now.

I am kind of sad that my savings was cut in half.
But it's a blissful 74 degrees in the house with the AIR running.


I worked OT last week, and picked up one extra shift a week for the month of June. I'm working 4 nights a week, 12 hour shifts. I hope it doesn't precipitate a divorce. HAHAHA.

All of our bills are paid. That's something to be thankful for.

Dinner:
Saturday my DD bought KFC.
Sunday, we had scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and English muffins.
Monday, we had tacos with ground turkey.



4 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to dip into savings, but you got a better deal as a result. I only turn on the A/C (window units) when the internal temp of the house hits 80-then I am miserable. Keeping it "hotter" to say 78-9 would save some $-just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had some 80-almost 90 degree temps here in Winchester Va. I used the furnace all winter, and emergency heat when the temps dropped below zero. We had some issues with the furnace all winter. April 1st I turned the heat off, and finally decided that it needed to be serviced. That's when we found out the extent of the work that needed to be done. I wasn't prepared to have to cut my savings in half. I'm thankful that the cash was there to be used in this kind of emergency.

    We usually run it at 78 degrees. Our repair guy set it low to make sure it was working correctly. It's kind of nice, and we have the ceiling fan running too. My kids are cold natured, so it will be put back up to it's normal temp this evening.

    It's difficult sometimes to be the sole income for the five of us. I'm sure you understand the stress of being a sole provider. I'm hoping to get through June with no major expenses.

    We will be getting eye exams and new glasses for the four of us in August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice thought to know that there is money incase of an emergency.Well done with picking up OT at work, I'm working 4 hours on a Public Holiday on Monday and it's nice to be earning AUS $90 an hour for just those 4 hours. It is stressful being the only bread winner in the family but sometimes you've just got to work the extra to keep you head above water.
    We've just started winter and our days are about 64 degrees but at night drops to 53 degrees, our heater isn't going on until it hits 53 degrees during the day. We can just put more clothes on until then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has to do the best they can do. I agree.

      Delete