Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Using up lurking items...

This is the theme this month. Since I put in the new furnace, I'm going to use up most of our lurking items. I started yesterday with some leftover veggies and flour.

I have a package of spinach ravioli in the freezer that I bought from Aldi a long time ago. I'm going to simmer them in some water and drain the pasta. I used some spaghetti sauce yesterday for the kids English Muffin Pizzas. I am going to put some spaghetti sauce over the kids portion of dinner and serve it to them.

I used a bunch of crushed tomato last night to make my and DH veggie pizza. I'm going to use some of the crushed tomato, 1/2 of the thin sliced onion that I didn't finish last night, and a few cloves of garlic. I will simmer the onion and garlic on the stove with a small amount of olive oil. I am going to add some basil and the crushed tomato to the mix. I will put this over the ravioli and serve.

We have some lettuce, tomato, and cucumber still. I will make a salad to go with this. We have Buttermilk Ranch or Thousand Island dressing. We will also have some mixed veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment