Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What's been cooking???

Work has been very busy. I've been at my new RN position since April 13, 2014. I worked Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12 hour night shifts. My work week is Sunday-Saturday.

Life is busy at home too. My kids last day of school is Friday. They go back to school August 18th. My daughter will graduate May 27th 2015!!!!

So, what's been cooking??

On Saturday, we had left over fajitas from Friday. We are working on using all the left overs to prepare for a budget friendly June. We need to use our pantry/fridge/freezer supplies gently and be mindful of what our expenditures are.

On Sunday we had scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. My senior made the turkey bacon in the oven, and I scrambled two eggs each for the five of us. That was dinner!!

On Monday, I steamed 10 hot dogs and made homemade french fries. The kids had their choice of ketchup, mustard, relish, along with hot dog buns. I sliced five potatoes very thick and peeled them. I placed them in hot veggie oil on top of the stove. I cooked them until they were brown and crisp. We drained them and put a very small amount of seasoning salt on them. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment