Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Life...

I posted last on Saturday. It's pretty bad if I have to look back and check my blog.

The kids last day of school was Friday. I'm so thankful. The school year is very stressful for the five of us. We enjoy the unscheduled time of summer. I have a junior and a sophomore now. My oldest DD decided that she wanted to go back to community college this August. I'm waiting for her to sign up for ONE class, so we can work out the payment arrangement (meaning I pay for it, and she gives me payments every two weeks).

I have been working a lot. I did 48 hours and got off yesterday morning. I'm a bit tired and really need to work on the overtime thing. Usually when I work, I'm too tired to even think about dinner. I go to work in the evening for 12 hours, drive 40 minutes, get home, and get a cup of tea, some benadryl, and go to bed to get up again between 3 and 4 in the afternoon. I repeat the same thing for four nights in a row.

If I could make it on a regular three day work week, it would be an improvement in my sleeping habits, and keep the kids content that I was home more.

Sunday my DD made spaghetti. We had a two pound bag of thin spaghetti in the pantry. I told her not to make the whole 2 pounds. She did, and I found over half the pasta sitting on top of the stove when I got home in the morning. The two pounds of pasta would have made at least three more meals for the five of us.

Monday I bought Chipolte for the five of us. BAD BAD BAD decision but it was so good. Not good for the budget.

Last night was Tuesday, and we had scrambled eggs and toast. It was filling and the kids didn't complain.

Since summer is here, the kids want to do things. We have set some cash aside for the public pool. It's 4 dollars a person, and cheaper than going out to dinner, or even ice cream at the local stand. for 20 dollars, the five of us can swim all day, pack a snack, and enjoy the water, sun, and get some exercise. We have been to the pool once. I plan on taking them back today.

The local movie theater has a children's summer movie program. It's on Thursday's at 10 AM. For a couple of dollars, the kids can see a movie, get a drink, and a small popcorn. It's 4 dollars a kid. We will be taking the kids to see the movie program.

Old Town Winchester has a free outside movie on Thursday evenings. We went to see the first one last Thursday. It was pretty fun and a free event for the five of us. We bring our own snacks and a blanket to sit on.

We have the Shenandoah Museum that is free on Wednesday's all summer. We went to visit the museum last Wednesday. The kids were not thrilled with it, but they have a beautiful garden that has picnic tables.


No comments:

Post a Comment