Friday, June 20, 2014

Using it up...

I am working tonight, Saturday, and Sunday night shift 12 hours. We have some left overs that need to be used. We are working on stuff in the fridge and pantry that are lurking around. It helps keep the budget intact.

Breakfast:
I took out four boxes of generic Aldi cereal that only had small amounts in the bag. The kids had their choice of blueberry mini wheats, honey nut cheerios, corn pops, and some kind of flakes with oats, almonds. We finished off the blueberry mini wheats, honey nut cheerios, and the corn pops.

Lunch:
We had 6 hot dogs in the fridge that needed to be used. I steamed them and gave the kids two each with the last of the hot dog buns. Choice of ketchup or mustard.

Dinner:
We have left over pasta with veggie/italian sausage homemade spaghetti sauce. I put this out for the kids, DH, and I. We also have some taco fixings left over. I had a plate of left over pasta, my son had two soft tacos (lettuce, tomato, cheese, taco meat, salsa). We have some black beans and rice left over.
My daughter had some ramen noodles (YUCK). My other DD is going to have some soft tacos (using leftover soft shells), and my DH will finish what is left.

We have apple crisp still. I will take some of the black beans and rice, apple crisp, and an orange for my lunch tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment