Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hidden Surprises...

I got paid this morning, wrote out July's bills, September's mortgage, and paid up my student loan until Feb 2015. I like being ahead on my bills, it gives me a sense of security. I paid the car/home insurance, cell phone, equity line (a snowball payment), cable bill and have some cash left in my checking account. I plan of keeping it there. I need to put gas in two vehicles and pick up some groceries (dairy, produce, shampoo, acne med for teen son).

I took out all the containers of "hidden surprises" from the freezer. We tend to freeze some of the leftover stuff to prevent it from going bad. I can tell you that tonight's meal will use up the garlic marinara, and the spaghetti sauce I made a while ago. We are going to finish the last of the ziti I bought in a 5 lb bag a couple of months ago.

Some of the hidden surprises are not labeled (I apparently forgot), so it's a wait and see what it is when it thaws. I know we have a container or two of bean soup, and some of those containers are chicken stock.

I go back to work tonight, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is the last weekend that I have to pull that has overtime in it until August. I'm tired of working the extra shift, but it looks great for the bank account. We will see how this weekend goes, and it will decide whether I sign up for two shifts a pay period or just leave it alone. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment