Sunday, June 22, 2014

crock pot meal....using what we have

4 chicken thighs (we still have a package of quarters and a whole chicken in the freezer)
three long lurking carrots that looked pitiful
two stalks celery that are a bit soft.
onion powder
two bouillon cubes
garlic powder
black pepper
poultry seasoning
parsley
five small potatoes lurking
celery salt
2 cups of water
1/2 small bag of mixed veggies (went into the crock pot, more carrots/corn/peas/green beans)

We are using things up at my home. I just got home from work, and put this meal together in less than 20 minutes for the crock pot. We will be eating dinner around 4 or 4:30 since I work again tonight at 7 pm. I added some mixed veggies because there were only 4 thighs and I will push lots of veggies to make up for such small portions of meat.

Using things up helps keep my budget intact.


4 comments:

  1. These type of dinners tend to be absolutley delicious! Will you make a gravy out of the broth? or simply freeze it for a future soup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am out of flour or corn starch, so I usually will just freeze it for soup making.

      Delete
  2. Mmm! Your dinner sounds good! Don't you just love it when you can take the last bit of something that is just laying around your fridge and make a meal out of it? It always feel so satisfying to me that it got used instead of tossed- and yes, it is great for keeping the budge intact. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful, since we need to use things up. Dinner is pretty good tonight, since I put it in the crock pot this morning when I got home from work.

      Delete