Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What I do to be frugal...


  • wash clothes in cold water
  • hang clothing up outside in nice weather, indoor in rainy cold weather
  • go for walks (good for the health, mental stress, and helps keep my inner peace)
  • make dinners at home
  • kids pack lunches for school
  • maintain my budget
  • keep my car parked when I'm not at work
  • make a dinner plan every night
  • turn lights off
  • keep a fan on to help circulate
  • keep the AC off now (since it's cooler outside)
  • open windows
  • keep the heat off (hoping until November)
  • Maintain a full pantry (as much as possible)
  • rotate lurking items to be used in meals
  • cook from scratch when possible
  • shop sales and loss leaders
  • limit trips to the grocery store (I go every two weeks, correlates to my pay check)
  • have a positive outlook
  • keep my perspective in reality (when I feel overwhelmed, I tend to go to extremes in my perspective)
  • Find pleasure in small things (like working in my yard or flower beds)
  • Sit outside on the porch and watch the birds, bumble bees, and butterflies in my yard

What do you do to maintain your frugal lifestyle, promote inner peace, and make sure "your own the right path"?

No comments:

Post a Comment