Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Dinner

Since I got called off last night due to low census, I didn't work. I got the phone call at 530 in the evening. Oh well. I sat around with the kids, watched some television, and spent some quality time resting.

We have a bunch of left overs in the fridge and freezer.

One serving of beef stew
one bbq pork chop
two servings of rice pilaf
two servings of bean soup in the freezer

Keeping the left overs in check, using them in a timely manner prevents me from having to throw food away, keeps my costs down, and promotes savings for other things we may need in the future.

The pork chop will be cut into smaller pieces. The beef stew will be warmed up on the stove, along with the bean soup. The kids will end up sharing the soup (since they are serious bean eaters), and I may add some of the rice to stretch it out. Everything will be divided up between the five of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment