Tuesday, April 16, 2013

looking for a way to use some lurking items??


I had 6 bananas and needed to be used, along with some older Hershey Syrup in the fridge. I made a pan of chocolate banana muffins or bread, depending on how you look at it. I only used three bananas. I will make another pan tomorrow if this one goes over well.

2 cups flour
3 bananas pureed in the blender
2 eggs
1/2 cup of sugar
the last of the Hershey chocolate syrup
1 cup of reconstituted milk
a tsp of salt
a tsp of baking soda
a small amount of veggie oil for the pan

That's it!! This gets mixed and bakes into a pretty beautiful decadent treat for the kids.

I took a piece while it was still warm. I had to try it. I threw the empty bottle of chocolate goodness into the recycling. It saves me money to use what I have to make creative foods to feed my family. It also keeps my budget for groceries intact. I want to repeat that I didn't have to go to the store.

Plus I know everything that is in this bread/muffin and can pronounce them all.   :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment