Wednesday, December 19, 2012

dinner 12/19

We are going to have meat loaf, long grain rice, green beans, and a salad for dinner.
I took out a lb of ground beef that I bought on mark down to thaw. I have a few eggs that I can mix into it. I have the left over bread ends (from my homemade bread attempts) that I froze as to not waste them. These will be made into bread crumbs (using my awesome blender), and mixed with garlic, onion, and Italian seasonings to me added into the ground beef mixture. I will top the meat loaf with a small amount of BBQ sauce and bake this.  The salad will be a sort of mixture of a sliced onion, some hard boiled egg, a few trimmings of cheese, some leaf spinach and lettuce. We have frozen green beans in the freezer that need to be used up. I may make another apple crisp, as I have a few apples that need to go. The long grain rice was bought in a three pound package, and is not the instant brand. The longer cooking time for regular rice makes this an affordable alternative to instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment