Wednesday, September 6, 2017

What's been cooking?

Well, not much really. Last night we had leftovers served buffet style. I offered fried chicken, baked beans, potato salad, hot dogs, Italian sausage, and green beans. We still have some fried chicken, baked beans, and a small amount of potato salad left.

I did marinade two chicken breast yesterday and put them in the oven. I baked them at 325 until done and sliced the chicken breasts. We will use this chicken for sandwiches this week. I actually did cook the chicken in the hopes that we would have some proteins available if we lost electricity during the storm. We can make sandwiches or just eat the chicken cold with items from the cabinets.

I put the other two chicken breasts in the crock pot (my cousins gave packages of chicken breast to my husband when he moved in the house in July. We have been working on using this up). I finally used the last package this morning. I put the chicken in the crock pot. I added a bag of baby carrots (from the fridge bought a couple of weeks ago), the last couple cups of chicken stock I made a while ago that needed to go, and a can of cream of chicken soup. I added some pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, and celery salt. This will cook all day on low. We will simmer some long grain rice and serve with dinner this evening.

Our pantry has not been filled in a while. We have been using what we have until I get a pay check the first week of October. I emailed my old director yesterday to find out how long it will be until I receive all my paid vacation time that I did not use. I am trying to be patient and wait for a response back from her. She is not known for her timely responses to questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment