Sunday, September 10, 2017

What'a been happening?

IRMA is here and we are safe at home. This morning I made breakfast for everyone. I scrambled some eggs in bacon fat (I am out of butter) and served these to the five of us. Everyone ate and did not complain.

Lunch consisted of cleaning out the left overs from the last few days. The kids go to pick and choose what they wanted from the last bit of chicken, peas, broccoli, pasta, and a few slices of pizza that were in the fridge. All the left overs are finally done.

Tonight's dinner consisted of thawing a pound of ground beef and making 15 meatballs. I baked these in the oven. I took five potatoes and boiled them to make mashed potatoes (I scraped the butter container to get some for the potatoes, it wasn't really enough). I steamed some corn and I made brown gravy from two packets in the pantry. I put the gravy over the meatballs and mashed potatoes.

There's some corn, mashed potatoes, and a bit of gravy leftover. They will go into the fridge for another meal. I am not sure what the plan is for tomorrow because IRMA is supposed to get worse overnight.

Our lights have been flickering on and off. We have the radio on to hear the weather reports. We still have cable and cell communication. We have been told that there are tornado warnings and watches. We have some broken tree limbs in our back yard. The winds are terrible and the rain is just overwhelming.


4 comments: