Saturday, September 16, 2017

Forgotten meal

I forgot to add that we had burgers from Aldi the other night. The burgers were 85 percent lean and 100 percent pure beef. We added one slice of cheese to each burger after they were baked in the oven. I did cut up some lettuce, cherry tomatoes (I sliced in half), sliced a small bit of onion, and cucumber. Everyone got to pick out the condiments they wanted. I opened one of the two last cans of baked beans that we had and warmed those up.

Overall, it was a quick and satisfying meal for the five of us. There were some baked beans left over and those are in the fridge for another meal. We did not have hamburger buns and people could have the burgers on regular bread if they wanted.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of baking hamburgers . .broiling in an oven, yes. Interesting. If I am out of rolls, I serve burgers on toast, commonly done around here, even at restaurants-perhaps a New England thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are from Rhode Island. We usually have burgers on rolls but often use bread. I prefer mine without and just having it on a plate with the sides works for me. I usually just put the burgers in the oven at 325 and let them cook until they are done. We have done it like that for years. I will have to try using the broiler for the burgers next time.

      Delete