Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Breakfast

My DD#1 refused breakfast. She said she wasn't hungry. DD#2 had an fried egg and cheese sandwich. DS #1 had a fried egg and cheese sandwich. My husband did not want breakfast. I made fried potatoes with onion cooked in bacon fat. It was just OK. This cooking with bacon fat will take some work. I thought the potatoes were very bland. I scooped out 1 teaspoon of hardened bacon fat from the small container I had in the fridge and melted it in the frying pan. The spices from the bacon were at the bottom of the container and I didn't get any of that in the potatoes. Maybe I need to use more bacon fat when cooking with it.

We are staying home today. I hope anyway. I have some chores to get finished here. Our last electric bill was 188 dollars for the month. It is due to be sent out again and we have used the dryer for a month. I am a bit concerned at what the bill will be because we had that episode for a week with the dryer not working properly.

The water bill came in. It is 145 dollars. This includes trash/recycling pick up/water/sewer/ and fees. This will be a monthly expense which is new to us. In our old home in Virginia we got a water bill every two months and it was about 140 dollars total. We will have to figure out how to balance the new monthly expenses.

The bills from Virginia are finally paid off. We still have to get our cars registered in Florida. I have to get my Florida license, but first have to get a copy of my birth certificate and marriage license, to take to the DMV.

Things are a bit tight here financially. We are doing well overall, and I start my job on the 18th. I am looking forward to getting a paycheck and health insurance. I have emailed my old director to find out about my PTO cash out. I have not received that yet. This is a bit concerning for me as I worked for the company for 11 years without any issues or concerns.


1 comment:

  1. RE: the fried potatoes. Melt the bacon fat, add sliced potatoes and chopped onion. Cover to steam the potatoes a bit. Once more tender, remove the cover, continue frying/browning. I season with Paprika, plenty of black pepper, a smidge of salt, and a bit of Cayenne.

    ReplyDelete