Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Today's thoughts

The hurricane has moved on and I believe has become a tropical storm. We still have a bit of wind where we live, but we are blessed. We have a home, never lost electricity, had some shingles come off the roof, and a lot of broken tree limbs. I put in a maintenance request for the lost shingles, a few three limbs that are broken in half but hanging off the front tree, and for the clean up of the limbs that my family took from the ground and stacked them near the garage.

I have been in contact with my director at my previous job. She stated that she would ensure that I would receive my vacation time cash out. I spoke to her about a week and a half ago. This Thursday is a normal pay day for the company I used to work for. I am hoping that it will be direct deposited into my account this week.

253 hours X 32.78 an hour is a nice amount to receive and would help tremendously in getting the bills paid and put enough into savings. All taxes will come out of this money.

I start my new job next Monday. I have HR orientation and will receive information on the benefit package. I need to find out from this employer if they will allow me to roll over my 403 B into their retirement plan. I will know next week.

The new house hasn't been started to build yet due to the hurricane. We drove by there yesterday and there are several stakes in the ground. The utility lines are marked. It is a start. The mortgage loan was approved at 4.2 percent interest. My credit score is 731.

My savings account has 33,000 in it for the down payment and closing costs. We will be putting 20,900 down at closing. I want to keep 10,000 in the savings for emergencies and a cushion. The 3,000 extra will just stay there and gain interest. The savings account is in my name only to prevent my husband from spending foolishly. This savings account is considered an investor's savings and the bank stated that if I set up the savings this way I would gain more interest. I agreed. I earned 3.16 cents in less than a month in interest. It is free money. I will take it. Every little bit helps.


1 comment:

  1. Around here, $10,000 alone is usually needed for closing costs.Some of the line items I was responsible for, you wouldn't be: such as reimbursement for propane and heating oil at the property. A lawyer, title search, prepaid homeowner's ins., 6 months upfront escrow for taxes, just to name a few that come to mind. Hope you can finally get what I'll call your back pay.

    ReplyDelete