Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Life

A couple of things! I started my job yesterday!! So very excited. I also found out this morning that my family and I have immediate coverage for medical, dental, and prescription coverage! I will get more to that in another post. I am so thankful to be working again. I have this week and half of next week for orientation. I have a week of classroom stuff to complete for week three. I will be in the ICU working with a preceptor for a couple of weeks until I can find my way in a new hospital regarding policies, procedures, and such.

We had some leftovers from Sunday dinner in the fridge. Our cousins brought over some sweet tea, potato salad, and a fruit salad to share.

Monday, my middle daughter, made the last of the marinaded chicken quarters, mashed potatoes, corn, and green beans. It was amazing and dinner was ready when I got home from work.

My daughters started a new job this morning. It is a part time temp position for both of them. They will work from 8 am until 330 in the afternoon. I am proud of them.

Tonight's dinner was a bunch of leftovers. We had a couple pieces of chicken, some potato salad, baked beans, one small piece of meat loaf, corn, fruit salad, and green beans. Every one got to pick and choose what they wanted and there was nothing left.

Lunches for work: Yesterday being the first day, the new job provided the lunch for everyone. There was a box lunch, with bottled water or tea. I took the roast beef box lunch and bottled water. Today, I packed the last of the gravy, rice, carrots, and beef that was in the fridge. It was pretty good. I had cereal this morning before work and my girls ended up having scrambled eggs.

I did make half a box of pasta for lunches tomorrow. My girls requested mac and cheese for tomorrow. We had a half a jar of cheese sauce in the fridge. I mixed it with the pasta and my girls will pack this for their lunch tomorrow.

I had half a container of ground beef in pasta sauce. I added some of the cooked pasta to this and warmed it up on the stove. This will go into my lunch tomorrow.

I got home from work, my husband took the dog out to go for a quick walk. My son gathered all the laundry. I washed two loads of laundry and my husband helped me clean up the kitchen. The dishes are in the dishwasher, the pans are washed, the floor is swept. I have one load in the dryer and the last load in the washer waiting to go into the dryer.

I stopped by our new "home" which is just the ground being broken and there is a frame on the ground!! There are permits hanging at the construction site. I am so excited.

I got a hold of human resources at my old job. I spoke to the head of human resources and explained about my overdue PTO "vacation time" that is due to me. I was told that the paperwork wasn't filled in on time and sent to the office. I have finally been approved for my "vacation time" and will receive this as a direct deposit on September 28th. FINALLY.

I received a notice from Wells Fargo. I had the mortgage paid off until September 1st. They sent me a check for 605.55 and this will be deposited into the bank. My husband was given 105.55 and the rest will be put into my checking account to pay the bills until I receive my overdue PTO.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are turning around in a good way. The paperwork wasn't filed in time? @@ Grrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct. The paperwork was not filled out on time. It is very frustrating since I had to continue to contact people to ensure that they did their job.

      Delete