Saturday, September 16, 2017

Electric Bill

Our last electric was 188 dollars and was paid in full. My husband had been living in the rental for about three weeks before I got here. He arrived with the older children on July 15th and got the keys. He had been staying with his cousins from July 12th until the 15th.

We received our new electric bill. I arrived August 5th. I was surprised when I opened the email from the electric company. The bill was 101.44.

Yep. 101.44 total.

We use the oven. We use the AC at 78. We keep the ceiling fans on all the time. We have five ceiling fans and they belong to the rental. We wash clothes twice a week (Sunday and Thursday). We probably wash 4 loads each day. The dryer runs for 30 minutes total. I showed the kids how to set the dryer. The settings on the washer are for cold water wash and cold water rinse. The washer has a second rinse cycle but we do not choose this option. We wash on the medium cycle. We do have a television. We don't watch much TV. The blinds are closed in the bedrooms. I do open the blinds in the kitchen to let some light in. We have two large windows in the living room. The one window has a set of blinds that we keep closed. The other sliding door blinds we open half way to let some sunlight in. We use the crock pot. We use the rice steamer. We use the microwave. We use the dishwasher once a day. The fridge temp is set at 37 degrees. The freezer temp is set at negative two.

We all have cell phones and laptops that are used a lot.

Our bill dropped drastically. I am not sure what will happen with the next electric bill since so many people lost electricity and had down power lines from IRMA. I am going to wait and see if the bill increases. We will not change what we are doing. I think 101 dollars and 44 cents is an amazing electric bill for a house this size.

5 comments:

  1. Your electric bill shouldn't increase because of the hurricane. You are being more conservative with use, compared to most. One thing I can suggest is to raise the fridge to 38-that's the normal setting and increase the freezer to 0-again, the normal setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing bill! Our usage is very similar to yours and our last bill was $192. Hope it stays low for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just amazed at what the bill was. I am not sure what we did that was different. I am very thankful.

      Delete
  3. Great job on the electric bill. Ours was about 170. We are on average billing so our actual bill is around 136. I like knowing what to expect each month.

    ReplyDelete