Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Winter Heat

Since it's October, it does get chilly in Virginia. My husband was complaining last night that the house was cold...temp was 64 degrees inside, and 41 outside. We did put the electric heat on, changed the furnace filter, and set the temp at 68. my kids commented to me this morning that it's nice to have some warmth in the house (they are cold quite often).

This morning, the temp was over 70 in the house, I lowered the thermostat to 67 degrees, opened the blinds, and let some day light in. I have two drafty windows in the living room, and a door in the dining room that leads outside to the deck that carries a chill. Last night, I put two blankets covering the window edges in the living room, and one thick blanket covering the bottom of the dining room door way to help stop the drafts.

My girls wear sweaters, and use lap blankets to cover with when they are cold. My son will use an extra blanket in the living room when he's playing or watching television.

I tend to run on the hot side (since my hysterectomy in 2011), and like the cool. I'm hoping that with the temp set at 67 (as of right now), with the blinds open letting in the daylight, the house will be comfortable enough for everyone.

I am on the budget plan for the electric company, and hang my clothes up on my drying rack instead of using my dryer. I work hard not to run the air conditioning very high in the warmer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment