Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Finances

Working three 12 hour shifts a week at the local hospital ensures that I maintain my benefit packages, ensures my position financially in supporting my family, and helps keep my mind active. The option for overtime is given, and I do pick up usually one shift every pay period. I work night shift, receive differential for nights, and weekends. I tend to work a lot of weekends for this reason.

I get paid every two weeks and this hasn't changed in the past six years. I pay my household expenses with checks, or debit card. I do not carry cash, as I find that I tend to spend it quicker. I shop once every two weeks, and stretch everything until the next pay period. I have a retirement plan at my employer, and have a match option which I take a part in. It's free money folks!!

I do quite a bit of meal planning daily, and when I work night shift, I don't plan as well. We tend to eat quick stuff (easy, filling, and not a lot of time spent on it), and my husband tends to do some cooking.

October 2nd means that I have two meals scratched out of my plan!!!!! YIPPEE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment