Monday, October 1, 2012

It's October!!

Finally, a new month, new challenges, and new opportunities to get my finances under control!
I have made a meal plan for two weeks. I'm trying to use what I have in the house, with little over expenditure this month. For the month of September, I was within my goal of 300 dollars for the month.

For the record, I have no credit cards, I have a house payment, with a second payment that was intended for a new deck, porch, and fence from years ago, that we are paying off. I have the electric payment, two car payments (mine will be paid off in January 2013), Gary's will be paid off within 18 months. I have a water bill every month, car insurance, cable/internet, and cell phones.

I have some doctor bills that need to be paid off.


 My student loans are going to be starting this month for repayment, and my goal is to have a ten year loan paid off within three years. I don't like to carry debt, and since I'm the only income for five people, I tend to be a little concerned about debt.

I work hard to make my income stretch. I pay my bills off every month and have no late payments. I would like to build in a savings account.


My two week plan (not in any certain order):

waffles, scrambled eggs
pancakes, turkey bacon
BLT's potato salad
soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, salad
spaghetti, parmesean garlic bread, salad
chili, corn bread, salad
whole chicken in crock pot, with carrots, egg noodles
chicken soup
chicken and dumplings, veggies
English muffin pizzas (cheese, mushrooms, peppers, onion)
meat loaf (using bits of things for crumbs), mashed potatoes, veggies.

We have everything we need for this set of meals. I'm hoping to be able to kick this into high gear and get my finances in order.




No comments:

Post a Comment