Friday, December 1, 2017

Been working!

I worked Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night. I do have 12 hour shifts with less than a ten minute ride home.

Monday's dinner was the last of the freezer turkey from Thanksgiving with my mother in law. I took the turkey and put it in a casserole dish covered with some gravy and green beans. It was just "ok" and we did finish the last of the bird. I took the rest of this to work Monday night.

Tuesday dinner: I woke up Tuesday afternoon and found that there was no plan for dinner. I asked my husband what he was going to make and he said that he didn't know. Well, I usually get up about 2:30 since I don't sleep well during the day time. We had a "loud discussion" about dinner not being planned. I put some ground beef patties in the oven and served cheese burgers and fried potatoes for dinner before I went to work. I took half a cheese burger to work and a small portion of the left over potatoes with me.

Wednesday dinner: I slept until 4:30 in the afternoon! I was so tired and my husband actually woke me up and told me that dinner was ready. My daughters bought KFC and took it home for the five of us. They had a coupon for a 12 dollar meal bucket. It served all five of us with a couple small things left over. The chicken was a welcome distraction from my own cooking and honestly it was pretty good. I took what was left to work for my lunch.

Thursday dinner: When I got home from work yesterday morning, I put a very small beef roast (It was 1 and a half pounds) in the crock pot. I put in the last can of cream of mushroom soup and an onion soup packet. The onion soup packet was the last one too. I added three cut up carrots, five small potatoes, half an onion, and two cloves of garlic. I added some basil and black pepper. I let this cook all day and we served dinner at 4 since my daughters had to be at work for 5 pm. There was nothing left of this meal. Everyone raved about how nice the roast was and the gravy it made.

It's Friday and I am off work until next Thursday which is really nice. We are scheduled to close on our new house December 8th and we have some packing to get done over the next few days.

Friday dinner: Honestly, I am leaning towards pancakes and scrambled eggs. We have a box of Bisquick and a bit of milk that needs to be used up. We all like breakfast for dinner and would probably enjoy the easy meal with little clean up.


No comments:

Post a Comment