Saturday, December 30, 2017

Using our pantry

I was looking through the pantry, fridge, and freezer this morning and we are starting to have several holes since we have been eating more from the pantry and doing less grocery shopping. I had to take my middle DD to work this morning at Dollar General. I ended up buying a gallon of milk while I was there since we needed it and paid cash.

3.75 a gallon.

So, since we have several holes in the pantry and the recycling was picked up yesterday by the city, our recycling was very full and almost overflowing. I found a recipe online for a crock pot scalloped potato recipe. We have a lot of ham left over from our Thanksgiving meal and was in the freezer. I used some of the odd pieces and cut them up to use with the scalloped potatoes. I am saving the nicer slices for sandwiches and such.

We only had 8 potatoes and I used all of them. The recipe is below. We will more than likely have some green beans as our veggies this evening. I can easily warm the frozen ones up in the microwave to keep costs down.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/47860/slow-cooker-scalloped-potatoes-with-ham/

No comments:

Post a Comment