Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas

We found a Christmas tree at Big lots on clearance and this came with two sets of lights. I added another package of lights and we put the thing together. We have our Christmas ornaments that the kids made many years ago and put those on the tree. The Christmas tree is about 4 feet high and sits in the dining room window.

Our house is beginning to look like a house now and not a storage company. We have many of our boxes unpacked. The kids are responsible for unpacking their own rooms. My son is finished with his room and he did not have the amount of boxes that my girls so. Holy crap. The girls need a set of book shelves for their rooms. My husband needs one or two book shelves also.

The rest of the house is unpacked. We love the new appliances, the house, the garage, and just everything that has come with this move. We are blessed that we have a home, running hot water, and are able to support ourselves even in the harder times. I have a job that was waiting almost 60 days for me to arrive and begin. I graduated with my MSN in August which was why I arrived 60 days later to begin my job from the date of my interview.

Our Christmas is very small this year. Our kids have a few gifts under the tree. I bought each kid two gift cards in addition to the few presents. My husband is an avid comic book reader and I was able to get his books from the store that he enjoys along with a gift card.

My husband gave me a gift early. I am very cold natured (even living in Florida) and the hospital I work in is always feeling like the frozen abyss. We are required to wear navy blue scrubs and not allowed to vary from that color. My husband bought me a zip up sweater in navy blue and gave it to me last week. I am cherishing it because I can be warm at my job while working night shift. I was so happy to receive the sweater. He was smiling when I tried it on and wore it to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment