Sunday, December 3, 2017

Sunday

We are going to our cousin's home this afternoon for dinner. She sent me a text message yesterday after noon asking if it was ok to have a lasagna for dinner. I told her that it would be great and there are quite a few frozen ones that I saw at the store a couple of weeks ago. She said that she doesn't eat the frozen lasagna and that she would be making it at home.

So, I asked her what we could bring over for dinner. She said "we don't have any soda and I know that your family likes it to drink so they could bring that". I am OK with this because I don't expect their family to supply specific drinks for my family. We have different generic kinds that my husband bought yesterday and everyone can pick and choose which ones to bring with us. The cousin's kids drink soda so this will be a welcome thing I hope (unless their kids do not drink generic soda).

I wanted to make some Bisquick rolls to bring with us to dinner tonight. We have a box of Bisquick and I also have a small amount of fresh garlic and real Parmesan cheese from Aldi in the fridge. There are very well liked at my house and I hope some fresh garlic Parmesan rolls would go well with the lasagna. Yes, there will be a lot of carbs with the rolls and lasagna, but I know for a fact that the cousin's kids are carb lovers. If there are any rolls left over I can always bring them home for lunches this week.

We have green beans and brussel sprouts in the freezer. I will not be bringing those with us for dinner as they will only be eaten by the five of us. I don't want to waste veggies on folks that will not eat them.

My oldest daughter is going to work soon. I offered to make her some breakfast and she opted for scrambled eggs. I made three scrambled eggs and split them between the two of us. She has a glass of milk with hers and I have a cup of decaf tea with mine.

2 comments:

  1. I love scrambled eggs for breakfast. I have a glass of milk with it. When I had hens that laid giant eggs, I would eat two eggs. I would either put cheese in the eggs or cook two pieces of bacon. I could not justify eating cheese and eggs.

    Unfortunately, there a lot of people who eat like your relatives. I would not waste my good vegetables taking them to people who don't appreciate vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say I could not justify eating cheese and bacon.

      Delete