Friday, December 29, 2017

403B and Savings

I was able to contact the new retirement plan as I had a question regarding an account number. I have been trying to transfer my old 403B into my new retirement plan but did not have an account number. I was told that it was the social security was the account number. I will print out the paperwork at work tomorrow night and get it sent to my old 403 B plan in order to get the funds transferred over to the new plan.

I have adjusted my direct deposit at work. I requested that 75 dollars every two weeks are placed in my savings account. This was the first week that it went through and I am hoping not to feel it in the budget. I want to continue to have funds placed in the account to keep the balance at an amount that would be appropriate for an emergency.

We received our full security deposit back from the rental house. 1500 dollars went right into the savings. my savings account has 9700 in it right now and I am very proud to have the amount in there for emergencies. The account is in my name only since my husband has a spending issue.

The money in the savings is considered "our money" however he does not have access to it.

75 dollars every two weeks will equal 1950 in a year for the savings. I have 65 T in my retirement from my old 403B which I was contributing 10 percent. I am currently contributing 4 percent to my new plan with an employer contribution of 4 percent.

Every little bit that can be put towards retirement and savings is a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Smart to consolidate/rollover your now former retirement into the new one and get that addressed. Many have reported that a regular electronic deposit into a savings account helps them to amass funds for emergencies. Good for you. Glad that you got the security deposit returned in full, esp. as you had deep cleaned it, and had to pay a high breaking the lease fee.

    ReplyDelete