Saturday, December 30, 2017

Blinds and new bed

I went to Lowe's last night with my husband to get some information regarding measurements of windows. The Lowe's folks were very helpful and set this up for us. They are going to send out someone to measure all the windows for 35 dollars total. The measurements will be sent to Lowe's and once they receive the measurements we are going to be able to call them to set up a time to order blinds. My mother in law ordered blinds through J C Penny and we had to return them as they were too big for the windows. JC Penny put the return costs back on my mother in law's credit card. JC Penny is funny. They wanted to give us a gift certificate to ensure that we spent money in their store and we stood our ground and asked that the cash be returned to the credit card twice.

I went to Big Lots last night in search of thermal curtains for each of the kids rooms. I found three pairs of the same color and curtain rods to go with them. The curtains were 24 dollars a pair and I paid for these in cash with some of the money I had left over from the paycheck.

We also bought a new bed last night. My husband and I have been talking about a new bed for months now and now that we are finally in our forever retirement home it was more than time. I took the money out of my savings to purchase the bed (which included the mattress, box spring, frame, head board, and foot board) and the total cost was about 1,000 dollars including delivery fees.

We still need curtains for the living room, dining room, the glass sliding door, and our room. The curtains will have to wait until maybe the end of January until we see how the cash flow is going to work out.

I had a gift card for Lowe's and a 10 percent off coupon. The gift card was for 22 dollars. I bought two large buckets of HE laundry soap and dryer sheets. The cost was 17 dollars. This price combined with the 35 dollar fee for the measurements of the windows was not very high. The 10 percent coupon was used and the gift card was used. I ended up paying 34 dollars total.


No comments:

Post a Comment