Monday, July 8, 2013

Took a break from blogging

Hi there

I took a brief break from blogging, but we have certainly been busy. My daughter graduated from high school. We enrolled her in the local community college and are paying tuition. My other daughter finished tenth grade with very nice grades. My son is doing well, he will be starting ninth grade soon.

We took the kids to a water park (big bucks), went to Rhode Island to see friends and family, had a huge picnic (big bucks), had a graduation party, and went to see several movies. My last and final big ticket item will be for my son's birthday.

We have spent big big money this summer. But I paid cash for it, never dipped into my savings account, and did not overdraft the bank. I wanted to make sure that my kids were enjoying their summer vacation. We are heading back to RI this morning, and will be home this evening at some point.

Dinner tonight will be what ever snack is hanging around in the car. I'm thankful that I am coming home to a well stocked freezer, pantry, and know how to STRETCH those meals until they protest.

No comments:

Post a Comment