Sunday, July 21, 2013

7/21

Sticky chicken is in the crock pot with three stalks of celery, and five large carrots. I had the last of the celery that I've been trying to use up, and still have a ton of carrots that need to be used. I buy the carrots in a five pound bag, and usually have no problems with using them. I have a few left. I dice the celery and carrot and place in the crock pot. I usually will add an onion, but I am out of those. I bought a lot of chicken thighs that were marked down to 63 cents a pound, and used 4.3 lbs for the sticky chicken recipe. I washed the thighs and seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, parsley, and paprika. I sort of "rubbed the spice mixture in", under and on top of the skin. I placed all the chicken in the crock pot over the celery and carrots. It's on low and will be done this evening at some point. I use a meat thermometer to register 165 degrees....then we eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment