Wednesday, July 24, 2013

7/24 dinner

I took chicken drumsticks out of the freezer. I have two bottles of opened lurking bbq sauce, and will become creative. We will be having bbq drumsticks in the crock pot. I'm going to place the meat and BBQ sauce in the crock pot, and cook on low until finished. I will add a thin sliced onion to go with it. We have numerous bags of frozen veggies I can choose from. I will make homemade french fries to go with the meal.

Homemade french fries:
peel and slice thin potatoes
heat up some veggie oil
place potatoes in oil and cook, turn and drain when "fried"
drain fries (we use the brown bags that are from the grocery store for this. place in bag, season, shake and drain at one time).
season with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper

We usually have ketchup on the side. There's never any fries left. It's cheaper and healthier to make my own. We don't use any salt on our fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment