Saturday, July 20, 2013

7/20 dinner

I have some lurking items in the pantry that need to go. One of them is two packages of taco seasoning. I will only use one of them, and add some cooked ground turkey (our last lb), and maybe add a lb of ground chicken (the kids really don't care for it, but it will be hidden in taco seasoning). We have colby cheese that didn't get used in the shepard's pie last night. I can grate this up in the blender. I have found a recipe for a cucumber and tomato topping that can be useful in getting the last half tomato and two cucumbers out of the fridge. We also have the last bit of lettuce in the fridge that can be shredded to top the tacos. I forgot to mention that since we don't have hard shells, they are going to be soft shelled tacos. I also have some carrot and celery that can be mixed into the cucumber and tomato topping. Load these babies up with veggies!!!

We have a package of "mexican rice" in the pantry. I have left over long grain rice in the fridge. I'm going to cook the mexican rice, and add the long grain rice to it to stretch it further to feed the five of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment