Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Life

Sometimes, it's hard to keep up the "happy smiling face". I worked in the front and back yard yesterday, trimming lots of fruit bushes, pruning what was left after picking off the last of the fruit. I trimmed the rose bushes, cut the grass, and decided that next year, I may only grow what's in the yard now (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries), instead of trying to manage more things that I have time for. I have tomatoes, cucumbers, potato (I harvested two "piles"), onion and garlic that didn't  make it. I also have a kiwi that loves to produce VINES!

We are blessed though in knowing that my staff nurse position at the hospital is secure for the time being. I had my annual review and received a 30 cent raise...which will amount to a little over 43 dollars a month. This will end up being worked into the budget. I have a savings account with 1000.00 for emergencies, and have 697.00 living expenses. My emergency account is at goal, and would like to have 5,000 for living expense goal. It's a work in progress. My family is healthy, strong, in good spirits, and doing overall pretty well. My kids are enjoying their summer, my husband enjoys staying home with the kids while I work without distress of knowing whether the home is being taken care of.

I am very tired. I love being able to provide for my family. I love being able to make sure my daughter has her college education. My kids mean the world to me, as does my husband. My second daughter will be a junior this year. I would like to get her a permit so she can learn how to drive. I would like to see her get a part time job, so she has some freedom. My son is going to be a freshman in high school. All these things require $$$$$.

Again, I am very tired. Prior to 2006, we were without internet, cable television, and was in danger of getting our home taken away. We lived off of food stamps and were struggling PRETTY BAD. When Is ay we are struggling now, it's usually due to the gallon of milk being gone, it's not like I am in danger of losing my home now. We have financial security (as much as possible), live in a nice town house, in a small community, and have peace within our home. I work night shift as it pays a nice differential 6.50 an hour, verses day shift.

Maybe I just need to go back to bed for a little bit. I work again on Thursday night, straight through until Monday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment