Sunday, November 16, 2014

What's been cooking...

I am working all weekend. Tonight is my last shift of four and I will be off until Thursday. My DH has been out with the kids all weekend so I can sleep during the day.

He boiled some pasta this afternoon (thin spaghetti) and poured some jar sauce over it. We added a small amount of Parmesan cheese to it. It was OK. This was tonight's dinner.

Saturday he put a small piece of pork roast (1.99 lb from Aldi, for a huge roast, we cut it up into smaller portions) in the crock pot. He added sliced onion and BBQ sauce. When it was finished, he shredded it and served it on sandwich rolls. We had steamed green beans with it.

I honestly forgot what we had for dinner on Friday.

We have one turkey in the freezer from Aldi at 1.19 a lb. I'm hoping to find one or two more prior to Thanksgiving to keep in the freezer. We love turkey and it makes great left overs, stock, and sandwiches. It's a great piece of protein to have in the freezer when times are difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment