Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dinner's this past week!


I've been working this weekend and haven't been posting. On Thursday we ended up going out to Waffle House. It was expensive and well worth it. I was tired.

On Friday evening I made tacos using 1/2 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground turkey. We chopped up the last tomato we had, cut up some deli cheese ends, and used up some green leaf lettuce. We had enough left over to have for dinner on Saturday. We used the whole grain whole wheat hard and soft shells that I had in the pantry.

On Sunday my husband made chili.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of saving and freezing leftovers! I've never saved and freezed what we had leftover and just left them in the frig, thinking, maybe it will get eaten. We just used the left over chopped pork for BBQ sandwiches, Saturday, for lunch. I love reading your blog to see what leftovers you had and ideas I can do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that it helps! I don't post much on the weekends, since I work night shift then, and my DH does most of the cooking then. I freeze most of the leftover stuff (depending on what it is of course), I hate to throw away food, since it's so much more expensive, and my income being the only one. It does help, I've learned over the years from reading other blogs. I like reading other blogs, but don't comment much. Do you have a blog I can add to my reading list??

      Delete