Saturday, March 30, 2013

what's cooking??

I made french toast yesterday for the kids breakfast. I had a small package of pepperidge farm cinnamon brown sugar swirl bread. I used a few eggs, and reconstituted dry milk, and a little veggie oil to coat the pan. It became french toast.

Dinner last night was BBQ meatballs. I ended thawing out a pound container of ground beef. i found two whole wheat hamburger rolls in the freezer. I put them in the blender and made crumbs. I used two eggs, some garlic, onion, basil, and two packages of take out soy sauce in the fridge. I made meat balls and baked them in the oven. In the crock pot, I put about 1 cup of grape jelly, and half a container of BBQ sauce together. When the meat balls were done, I put them in the crock pot to simmer for two hours with the sauce. OMG, the whole thing was a huge hit.

My husband didn't know I made dinner. He came home with a few frozen pizzas. So, he cooked those and we included them into our snack type dinner.

My kids were looking for a dessert yesterday. I made apple crisp. I had a bowl of apples (about 10) and used around 5 or 6 of them. I peeled them, diced up in a small baking pan. I added a little butter to the apples, lots of cinnamon, the last of the raisins (they were hanging out in the pantry far to long), and the last of some lurking granola. I baked it in the oven for 25 minutes, and it was YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment