Thursday, March 7, 2013

Those containers in the fridge


I always freeze the left over dinner items. I took everything that were in containers to place in the fridge to thaw, so we can incorporate them into meals for the five of us.



chicken stock
mozzarella cheese
brown rice
pureed strawberries
taco meat with beans
sausage, peppers and onion chunky sauce
chicken stock
chicken stock
chicken stock
spaghetti sauce
spaghetti sauce
pork and sauerkraut

It does make the freezer look a little empty. It also will free up some of the containers we have to be used for new "surprise findings". Using all left overs and limiting what food is thrown away helps my family keep our budget within our monthly goals.

I am using the three containers of sauce to incorporate into spaghetti and meatballs. I am going to make meat balls with one lb of ground beef, some eggs, spices, and two hamburger buns that will be blended into crumbs. I will bake these in the oven, add the three containers of sauce, and include the sauce with peppers, onion, and sausage. We will have some pasta and that will be dinner for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment