Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dinner 3/20

This afternoon we are having a very small beef chuck roast. I found it marked down at the grocery store. It weighs two and a half pounds and originally 10.50. YIKES!!! I found it with a mark down price of 7.00....it's still expensive, but we haven't had one in a long time. I bought it a while ago and placed it in the freezer.

I took it out last night to defrost in the fridge. I'm going to add three large carrots, a small onion, seven small potatoes, some beef bouillon, basil, a few cloves of garlic and let this do it's thing in the oven. I have an open bag of broccoli in the freezer that we are going to stream, and may have some steamed peas to go with it. It gets rid of some of the lurking frozen veggies that need to get used.

No comments:

Post a Comment