Friday, November 23, 2012

thanksgiving

My daughter and I cooked our 11.8 pound turkey, had mashed spuds, yams, corn, turkey, gravy, two pies, cheese and sausage, and dressing....Needless to say, we do have spuds, yams, gravy, turkey and one pie left over.

The turkey frame went into the crock pot with some goodness that was left in the bottom of the roasting pan. I added two cups of water, some spices, and some left over celery leaves. I let this cook for 14 hours in low, strained it this morning, picked the meat off, and now have three quarts of turkey stock!! This went right into the freezer or another meal.

The spuds are in the fridge with the yams. The gravy is in the fridge, and one plate of turkey is waiting for let overs this evening. We have one pan of stuffing left (I made two). The pie will go fast today.

If the spuds and yams don't get eaten today, they will make be put into an appropriate container and placed in the freezer. I don't want to waste food.

Our thanksgiving fed 6 people, with 3 quarts of turkey stock and meat for the freezer, and plenty of left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment