Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dinner 11/13

Since everyone is home, we are going to have a great meal to celebrate!! I have a pound of ziti in the pantry, with a jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce. I have a few pieces of junk white bread left, garlic, butter, and a few lingering items.

I'm going to make ziti and meat balls, a small salad, and some homemade garlic bread.

The pasta is self explanatory  The meat balls will be made with a pound of ground beef, a chopped onion, 2 eggs, breadcrumbs, and spices. Since I only have about a half cup of bread crumbs  if I need more, than I have some lurking generic cheerio's that I can crush.

Our garlic bread is very simple. I will use the lurking junk white bread, crush garlic and chop it, mix it with some butter, and spread this over the bread. I may add some mozzarella cheese to the top. After I finish topping the bread, I will put it in the oven at 350 degrees until it's toasted and somewhat brown and gooey.

The salad is also pretty simple. I have a lurking soft tomato that needs to be used, and some left over romaine lettuce that needs to go, add a sliced onion, a small bit of cheese, and there's our salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment