Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What's been cooking...

I had two very small pieces of pork roast I bought a whole ago at Aldi for 1.99 lb. I took both out of the freezer yesterday morning and let thaw. To my disappointment, they were both very fatty. I ended up trimming off all the fat. I sliced both pieces into thin "strips" and covered them with mustard and spices. I used about 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs and breaded them. They went into the oven at 325 for about 40 minutes.

I microwaved a open bag of lurking broccoli that was in the freezer that needed to be used up.
I had some salad that my DD made the night before. We finished that (lettuce, onion, tomato, cucumber, peppers).


Today's meal will be some chicken tortellini I bought from Aldi. It's the refrigerated kind. I don't know why I bought it, I guess I was looking for something different. I am going to simmer these and serve them with the last of the Prego sauce for the children, topped with some shredded Parmesan cheese.

I am going to serve the chicken tortellini for myself and DH. I'm going to coat a pan with some olive oil, simmer a couple strips of red, yellow, orange, and green peppers, half a sliced onion, a couple cloves of garlic, and a whole tomato diced up. I will let this cook down some, and serve this over the pasta, with some Parmesan cheese.

All five of us will have left over salad on the side. I have a frozen bag of green beans that we can microwave to have on the side. We are working hard to increase our veggie intake and use what is available at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment