Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Using things up...

The kids are home from school due to a winter snow and ice storm. We have been pretty good about using some items up.

We've had scrambled eggs with the last bit of cheese that was hiding out in the back of the fridge for breakfast. We took a huge container of bean soup dated 11/25/14 and heated this up for lunch. It fed four of us (my oldest is sleeping since she worked last night).

Tonight we are having chicken "Italian" sausage (we have three links left over from our turkey dinner the other night, will peel off skin and slice very thin) with fried thin sliced onion. We are going to use up the last bit of brown rice with Haitian beans (steamed), and make salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes). My DH and I will put our chicken "italian" sausage over our salad and leave the brown rice and beans for the kids.

I also have three apples and a pear that are going soft. I'm going to cut them up in small pieces, put some butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon on them, and cover it with some older packets of whole grain oats I had in the pantry. We will bake this in the oven and call it "dessert".

No comments:

Post a Comment