Thursday, November 9, 2017

What's been cooking?

Sunday: I worked Sunday and my husband made chili in the crock pot. He used some stuff we had in the pantry and ground turkey from the freezer. We have a small amount of chili left in the fridge for another person to have a bowl. There's just enough chili for one person.

Monday: We spent the day in the ER with my daughter. We got take out since it was after 8 pm when we finally got home.

Tuesday: I would have to look back in my blog and see if I posted what we have. I wrote on Facebook to my mother that my oldest daughter made sloppy joes.

Wednesday: I made sticky chicken for dinner. I bought chicken legs at Aldi a month or two ago for 69 cents a pound. There were a total of eight legs in the package. I went to all recipes and found a sticky chicken recipe. I opened a can of baked beans. I made a small pan of mac and cheese using the last of the rigatoni in the pantry, two handfuls of shredded cheese, a bit of butter and some milk. There's a bit of this meal left over in the fridge.

Thursday: I am working tonight and tomorrow. I had a package of pork ribs that I thawed in the fridge yesterday. I did cut them this morning and put them in the crock pot. I added a bunch of thin sliced onion and a small amount of BBQ sauce. I will warm up some green beans and I had a box of "white shells and cheddar" in the pantry.

All the left overs will be put out for tomorrow's dinner. I take leftovers to work and will probably take the last of the chili with me tonight. I cut most of the chicken off the bones when I serve it because I want to make a small crock pot of stock with the seasoned bones and drippings.

2 comments: