Saturday, November 25, 2017

Lunch today

I was able to put the left over corn and peas from our Thanksgiving into the oven to warm up. We had burgers last night that my daughter bought from the store and french fries. We had some fries left and one burger. These got reheated in the oven. We also have a lot of sliced ham which I offered as sandwiches today. We reheated the baked beans from our Thanksgiving as part of our lunch. There was some left over pasta salad also that we were able to finish. I opened the only package of cheddar sausages we had and put them into the oven. We fed six people since my husband has a friend staying with us until tomorrow.

The corn, peas, fries, the one burger, and pasta salad are finally gone. We have some baked beans left, but these were reheated twice as of today. We still have a lot of sliced ham left over and this will be for sandwich meat this week.

Our ham bone is in the freezer for a soup once we have dry beans or peas or both.



2 comments:

  1. By "oven" do you mean the microwave? if you are using a traditional oven, as in from a range, that is a high energy use method of reheating. My state has the second highest electric rates in the country, so I am very cautious of my cooking practices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do mean the traditional oven. Our microwave came with the rental home and was not working as the heating element went out. The property manager was aware and is going to get a new one installed.

      Delete