Saturday, November 11, 2017

Life happens...

I made pork ribs for dinner the other night. I found them on clearance and marked down at Winn Dixie. We don't usually have pork ribs and this was a surprise for us. I put the package in the crock pot with sliced onion and BBQ sauce. We had that for dinner and it was pretty good.

Last night I had a migraine and we had leftover chicken, baked beans, and mac and cheese for dinner. I made a from scratch gravy to put over the chicken. We finished up all the left overs in the fridge and there was little complaining.

A couple of things:

My middle DD went to the urologist. She needs a second ultrasound in a week and a half and then a follow up with the urologist. She continues to feel fine and does not have any pain or discomfort since Tuesday morning. We are thinking that she may have passed the stone, but the ER did not give her a strainer, and the urologist did on Thursday.

My girls bought pet supplies yesterday. They chipped in and bought cat food and two containers of cat litter. I was proud of them since I was working night shift the past three nights and did not make it to the store.

My health insurance has decided to send pre authorization for the anti depressant I take called Viibryd. They wanted me to try two SSRIs and needed documentation. I contacted my old doctor in Virginia and they sent my records to the new MD. The new MD was able to navigate through the insurance company and prescription company to get my medication approved for one year. I was paying 251 dollars a month through Good Rx at CVS and the 90 day cost is 126 dollars.

My oldest has her medications through the 90 day service for 10 dollars each. She received three medications and we can not beat the price on them.

My husband needs a new antipsychotic medication. His previous one is no longer working for him and he is symptomatic. The new MD put him on Latuda daily. This medication costs 570 dollars with my insurance coverage AND medicare. We were able to contact the MD and he was willing to give out enough samples until his next appointment. We are going to discuss if it is possible to change the med to something else or get a drug scholarship.

I have been having issues with chronic pain. I usually just take two Tylenol tablets, but my arthritis appears to be getting worse, and I am only 45 years old. The ibuprofen and/or Aleve really makes me feel sick to my stomach and I choose not to take those.

I heard back from the disability office regarding my special ed kid. He does not qualify for social security because he has never worked (well yeah, he has never worked, he just graduated in May and we are having a difficult time trying to find him a part time job). The office told me that he would qualify for "disabled adult child benefits". We have a phone interview on Monday at 1:30 in the afternoon. I am hoping for the best.



2 comments:

  1. I have 2 types of arthritis: OA and PSA. Tylenol does nothing. Ideally, I'd be on NSAID's but can't be on them for long, due to kidney issues. I use Voltaren sparingly when it gets really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. \Their are agencies to help a disable child find a job. If he is under 21, the school must provide him with services he needs. Their is agency that also will help place him in a job and provide someone to follow him on the job and make sure he is trained by one of their employees. I have a sinus headache and cannot think of correct terms.

    ReplyDelete