Saturday, October 11, 2014

Grocery shopping

I went to Aldi after we got home from our trip and spent 28 dollars on produce. I went to Aldi yesterday and bought 150 dollars worth of groceries. My total for the month is 300 dollars for the five of us.

Here's what I bought:

4 lb mixed fruit
12 rolls toilet paper
three large cans of crushed tomato
3 cans of diced tomato
1 bag mini marshmallows
frozen cheese ravioli
one harvest pizza
a package of roast beef
trash bags
margarine
3 lb ground turkey
2 lb ground beef
hot dogs 3 lb
turkey bacon
one whole chicken
half a pork loin (need to cut this into single chops and a small roast)
3 lb onions
half gallon juice
dry milk
Parmesan cheese
2 gallons skim milk
bought my DH lobster tail
2 jars spaghetti sauce
2 dozen large eggs
two boxes cereal
4 lb sugar
BBQ sauce
marshmallow creme
pickles
lettuce
extra sharp cheese
mild cheddar
hot chocolate
microwave popcorn
ketchup
pancake syrup
hazelnut spread
peppers
cream cheese
10 roma tomatoes
2 large cucumbers
fresh garlic
onion powder
a case of coke

3 comments:

  1. I've always heard Aldis has a great price on their canned veggies. How much does their canned vegetables run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy their canned tomatoes...usually 59 cents for diced. 89 or 99 for large cans of crushed tomato. I don't know about their peas, corn, beans, etc since I buy frozen.

      Delete
  2. The latter is a very fancy version of Ace Hardware in the US. The one I have been to is a short of combination of Ace, Walmart, and Target. Marc Jacobs

    ReplyDelete