Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15th dinner

I have all kinds of bread crust ends in the freezer. The kids don't like them on sandwiches. So when the loaf of bread is finished, I usually put the ends in the freezer until there's enough to feed the five of us french toast.

So, we are going to have french toast tonight, with some sliced ham (from our previous 4 lb ham that we cooked a few weeks ago). I had sliced the ham and froze it for future uses. Our french toast will be from the bread ends, some double strength vanilla, a few eggs, and reconstituted milk. I will cook it on our hot plate, along with the ham. Topping the french toast will be pancake syrup.

1 comment:

  1. Bread pudding is also good with those ends. And, it has almost the same ingredients. I add raisins to mine.

    ReplyDelete