Sunday, January 7, 2018

What's been happening

My husband and kids went to Aldi the other night and took my debit card to get some groceries. They spent 130 dollars and I guess did pretty well. They threw out the grocery receipt unfortunately. I had been trying to hold off on going to the store to attempt to save some money since we had been spending so much on moving and getting furniture and the new bed.

Dinner last night was tacos with re fried beans. My middle DD make the taco meat and was able to make the fixings. It was a great dinner and there's three taco shells with some left over meat and fixings left for the kids lunch. There's enough for the three of them. My husband and I will just find something else to eat as we still have some left overs that need to be used.

Our cousins are coming over for dinner tonight. My husband invited them since the past three Sundays we have been going to their house. Dinner tonight will consist of the following:

french toast (I have two loaves of bread in the freezer)

ham (I still have left over ham that needs to be used)

bacon (My husband bought two packages from Aldi. The cousins are huge bacon eaters. I am hoping that the left over ham helps fill them up)

country gravy (I need to get the two packages in the pantry used up)

I was considering frying some potatoes to serve with dinner. My adult kids love french toast, the breakfast meats, and really enjoy fried potatoes. We are going to have dinner at 5 this evening and I am hoping to have enough left over to serve for breakfast in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Will the kids eat anything else besides one taco each? That wouldn't hold my adult kids over at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some left over pasta and sauce that they are welcome to have in addition to their tacos if they want.

      Delete