Monday, January 29, 2018

What's been happening.

My MIL and her companion are leaving tomorrow to spend the night in an Orlando hotel next to the airport. Their plane leaves Wednesday morning at 7:15 and this hotel stay would ensure that they are able to get the shuttle to their plane on time that morning.

My MIL is wonderful. She has been helping us with house stuff while I have been working. She did most of the laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, and took it upon herself to clean the kitchen. She took my daughters to work in the mornings since I was late getting home from work.

We are really going to miss her. She is very active, continues to work, and is very helpful. A few things I found out years after we did not get along due to my husband's mental illness diagnosis. The two of us have been able to mend our bridges after having a stormy relationship that ended in 2004 and have a very nice relationship. I am thankful for her time, her love for my kids, and her compassion. I have been part of the family since I met her son in 1989 and we got married in 1993.


No comments:

Post a Comment